Picatic users have used Zapier to automatically add registrants to SalesForce or HubSpot, as well as setup automatic notifications for each ticket sale in Slack and Gmail.
How to get started with Picatic and Zapier
1. Login to Zapier or create your Zapier account here.
2. Select Make a Zap!
Setup a Trigger
3. Under Choose a Trigger App in Zapier, search for and select Picatic.
4. Select which Picatic Trigger you would like to setup.
The New Attendee option will trigger when a purchase has been made through Picatic and contains attendee information such as first name, last name, email address, ticket number, and answers to any survey questions you've collected.
The New Order option will trigger when a purchase has been made through Picatic and contains purchaser information such as first name, last name, and email address. Purchaser information is collected once per order.
The New Attendee Check-In option will trigger when an attendee is checked in to your event using the Picatic Check-In app and contains attendee information such as first name, last name, email address, ticket number, and answers to any survey questions you've collected.
The New Live Event option will trigger when a Picatic event is set to Live and contains event information such as event name, event ID, and created date
The New Ticket Price option will trigger when a new ticket is created on the Picatic event page and contains ticket name, event ID and ticket price.
5. Once you've selected Picatic and setup your Trigger, select Connect a New Account.
You will then be prompted by Zapier to enter in your Picatic API key.
To create a Picatic API key:
6. Log in to your Picatic account and go to API Keys.
7. Select New API Key
8. Copy & Paste your Picatic API key into the Zapier auth form and select Yes, Continue.
9.You can test the connection of your account by selecting the Test button.
When you're all set, select Save + Continue.
10. Select the Team (optional) you would like the data transferred from (If you'd like to create a Team in your Picatic account, follow this guide).
Select the event listing you would like the data transferred from. Only information from this event will be sent to the app you are connecting with.
*Note: If you would like to transfer data from all of your Picatic event listings, you can leave the event listing field blank
11. Once you have selected your event listing, make sure to test to make sure that everything is working correctly. To do this, select Fetch & Continue.
Setup an Action
Now that you have your Trigger setup, the next step is to create an Action. An Action is something your zap does after the trigger occurs. For example, an action could be "Create new Contact in Salesforce" or "Add new subscriber to a MailChimp list".
*Note: Steps will vary based on the Action app you choose
1. Search for and choose and Action app for your zap. You must have an existing account with the chosen app in order to setup an integration.
For this example we will use Slack to send an automatic message to a specific Slack channel every time a new ticket is sold.
2. Select the Action you'd like to create from the list provided for your chosen Action App. Select Save & Continue.
3. Give Zapier any permissions needed to connect to your selected Action App. You can test the success of the connection by selecting Test. Once successful, select Save & Continue.
4. Select the Slack channel you would like your Slack message to appear. Customize the message text and add the fields you'd like to appear in the message (things like attendee first name, last name, ticket number etc.).
5. Finally, you can test this Action to make sure it is working correctly. Once successful select Finish.
6. Name your zap and turn it on. Once your zap is turned on you'll see a confirmation page.